The Development Associate is a key support role within the Development Department. With an overall Department fundraising goal of $10M annually, the Development Associate assists the Development Team with gift processing, acknowledgment letters, proposal tracking, event and newsletter mailings as well as reconciliation of gifts with the Finance Department. The ideal person is a team player with an eye for detail who loves a fast paced, mission driven environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Creation of donor records and database management in Raiser’s Edge.
· Database record maintenance, clean up, passwords/security.
· Processing of income logs on a daily basis, coding gifts to the appropriate funds and batch processing.
· Generation and mailing of donor acknowledgement letters.
· Maintenance of online donation portals.
· Monthly reconciliation of gifts with Finance Department.
· Mailing List creation and management for events and various fundraising appeals.
· Mail merge activity between Raiser’s Edge and MS Word.
· Day-of event on-site support.
· Volunteer and gift-in-kind tracking in database.
· Regular query and report generation.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc.
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge database or Salesforce.
· Essential job functions include using a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal; ability to follow reasonable ergonomic accommodations; sit and stand for long intervals; reach, bend, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds depending on position; and walk up and down stairs several times a day.
· Criminal background check, fingerprint imaging, TB (Tuberculosis) clearance, and documentation required post offer.
Compensation and Benefits
Hamilton Families offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid major medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, an employer-contributed retirement plan, and generous paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
· To submit an application, please click apply above or below.
· Please attach your résumé and cover letter.
· No faxes or phone calls.
· Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1985, Hamilton Families established San Francisco’s first shelter for families experiencing homelessness. Today we are San Francisco’s leading service provider to homeless families, with an array of highly effective programs at sites in San Francisco and Oakland.
Hamilton Shelter Program in the Tenderloin provides safe shelter, three meals a day and critical social services to 50 families a night for up to six months.
Hamilton Transitional Housing houses and supports up to 25 families at high risk for chronic homelessness for 6 to 18 months. Families receive intensive social services to identify and address factors contributing to their homelessness.
Hamilton Housing Solutions prevents homelessness whenever possible and assists families who have become homeless with housing search assistance, temporary rent assistance, case management, job search and other services for up to 18 months to help them find and retain a permanent home.
Children’s Services are integrated throughout all our programs, providing therapeutic support and enrichment activities to strengthen children’s resiliency, promote academic success and enhance the parent-child bond.