We have an open office environment in which you will have exposure to all aspects of the company. As a small business, we value teamwork and lifestyle. We are located in a quiet West Berkeley neighborhood near University and 6th Street surrounded by other wholesalers and small businesses. A number of employees ride their bikes to the office.
COMPANY/PRODUCTS - Tokens & Icons is a gift and jewelry company that upcycles authentic artifacts into high quality gifts. We sell Museums, Gift, Jewelry, and Men's Stores, as well as catalogs and online stores. Our product lines encompass Historic icons and "game used" Sports balls, uniforms, etc.: MLB, NFL, PGA Golf, NHL, New York Transit Tokens, Typewriter Keys, Buffalo Nickels, Pan Am, etc. Encourage you to visit our web site for a better feel of what we create! tokens-icons.com.
- maintain existing accounts
- propose the different product lines
- prepare for and attend trade shows
- initiate sales leads through online and catalog research
- create effective marketing materials and coordinate email campaigns
- collaborate on managing website (hosted by Shopify)
- involved in new product and package design
- and other special projects as evolve
EXPERIENCE - Computer literacy with Mac including Microsoft Office. Care and accuracy with detail. Able to handle multiple projects as each day differs from the last.
- Employing a positive, "can do" attitude.
- Enjoy a variety of challenges rather than a daily routine.
- Good communication and writing ability. Clarity in visual communication is a must.
- Accuracy and ability to carefully proof your work.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- There are periods of high volume before Trade Shows.
- Due to Trade Shows, we do have an appearance policy (no facial jewelry or visible tattoos)
HOURS - Full time 8:00AM to 5:30 Monday-Friday
COMPENSATION - Based on prior experience. Benefits after 90 days - 50% of Company Medical Plan premium , Paid vacation and Holidays (including Birthday and Anniversary).
HOW TO APPLY - Email resume (or fax to (510) 704-7499) .
Helpful to include a cover letter addressing:
- how your past experiences will benefit you executing the required responsibilities.
- how this position will in the short term benefit your longer term goals.
- salary expectations/needs and salary history.
- photos accepted
Tokens & Icons has been turning authentic, nostalgic artifacts into functional gifts for more than 20 years. The company was founded upon becoming one of the first licensees of the New York City MTA with whom we continue to create cuff links that feature the iconic retired NY Subway tokens. Soon Chicago approached us to do the same for them, and, before long, the Boston and the San Francisco Transit Authorities were under license and furnishing us with their tokens for products. Thus the process of acquiring authentic artifacts and featuring them in classic designs of functional gifts has become our sweet spot. From authentic vintage typewriter keys to Pan Am fuselage to Buffalo Nickels to watch movements from the early 20th century, Tokens & Icons aims to bring a new life and purpose to the memorable everyday objects of our past.