Photography Summer Camp Instructors
Are you a photography student, graduate or teacher looking for a rewarding and fun summer job? Are you passionate about photography and arts education, and looking for a job that will help you gain valuable experience working with youth, and teaching in the industry?
GTA Photography Classes offers fun and interactive photography camps for kids & teens ages 8 - 17. Originating in Toronto, Canada we continue to grow and expand and now run camps out of three locations in Toronto, Ottawa and Chicago. GTA Photography is currently looking for talented and energetic individuals with photography expertise and a passion for sharing this knowledge with others! Teaching is a highly rewarding position that helps you develop valuable life skills for your future. It allows you to continually learn about new photography practices and equipment, expand your network with other creative people, sharpen your shooting skills on a regular basis and develop your confidence and communication. If this sounds like a great opportunity but you've never taught in the past don't worry, we provide paid training on site to all new hires. If you love photography, enjoy the camp environment and are excited to share your knowledge with others, apply now!
Also accepting applications directly through our website:
- Teach photography principles and concepts to kids (ages 8 - 12) or teens (ages 13 - 17).
- Supervise campers and ensure their safety at all times both in-class and on field trips.
- Work together with camp counselors and GTA PC staff to provide a fun and interactive environment for all campers, such as leading icebreaker games and team building activities.
- Utilize GTA PC provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun and rewarding experience for all of our campers.
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise.
- Photograph candids and head shots of campers.
- Oversee one or more camp counselors who will assist with project management, daily administrative duties and supervision on daily field trips.
- Candidates should hold or be working towards a Photography Degree / Diploma.
- Demonstrated expertise in photography and professional experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and presentation skills.
- Candidates must be outgoing and energetic individuals who love and appreciate the camp experience as well as teaching photography.
- Cover letter, resume and three references.
- Portfolio of your work (website or traditional portfolio).
- All instructors must be available for the mandatory training seminars scheduled in June.
- Criminal background check (must provide a copy once hired).
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification (current at the start and for the duration of the camps; must provide a copy of certification once hired).
- Applicants must be available for the entire summer (June through August).
GTA Photography Classes Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.