****PLEASE READ THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. APPLICATIONS NOT SUBMITTED THROUGH THE COMPANY WEBSITE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. COPY AND PASTE THE LINK LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE INTO YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY****
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of all building systems, including advanced technology, facilities, equipment, and storage of hazardous materials. Perform maintenance and repair on a range of sophisticated, stand-alone electrical, mechanical, and digital control systems. Oversee contractor bids, schedule and completion of tenant improvements and system upgrades.
- Schedule PM, & CM work assignments thru Landport and MS project to maintain efficient operation of all building systems.
- Maintains preventative maintenance work order logs and documentation of all building systems including Life Safety Systems, Utilities, HVAC, Boiler, Energy Management System, generator and all other building related systems.
- Oversees and advises all building safety issues and practices and insures proper training of all personnel on building systems, emergency shut-off procedures and Manager on Duty and Lead Facilities Staff training.
- Procure bids for all contracted building services including tenant improvements and service contracts.
- Oversees activities of contractors, vendor personnel, and suppliers; Monitors contracts for compliance, performance and controls costs; monitors general expenditures of building engineering and performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications and industry standards.
- Interfaces with all city and state agencies related to health, safety and building requirements.
- Plans and implements or assists in the implementation of systems and facility modifications and improvements.
- Change and monitor as needed building systems controls, to include all digitally-controlled mechanical, electrical/electronic, safety, security, and advanced water circulation systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance work on all building systems including Life Safety Systems, Utilities, HVAC, Boiler, Energy Management System, generator and all other building related systems.
- Perform electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs and installations.
- Service Landport Work Order requests including bringing work orders to completed status.
- Coordinate with direct supervisor to implement policies and procedures related to building systems and operations.
- Repair facility janitorial equipment.
- Service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, and mechanical devices.
- Schedule and coordinate work with external contractors in the installation, repair and preventive maintenance of all building systems.
- Assist in the implementation of systems and facility modifications and improvements.
- Respond to inquiries and research and resolve problems related to building systems and repairs.
- Perform building and grounds maintenance inspections and make repairs. Make recommendations regarding problem areas.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Assist with the installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of digital control systems as applied to building operating, safety, life safety and security systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC and building systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of facilities mechanical systems and protocols.
- Knowledge of basic building operating systems, such as boilers, compressors, and generators.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to coordinate and/or supervise independent contractors.
- Knowledge of state and federal safety requirements pertaining to facility operations.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of proper and safe chemical handling practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of life safety systems.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Must have knowledge of Building Management system operation for BAC Net
- Basic mechanical theory
- Basic electrical theory
- HVAC universal certified
- Ability to read schematics, lock out tag out, use hand tools
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
HOURS: 40 hours/week. Required to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
STATUS: Benefited non-exempt, collective bargaining unit position
CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance Technician
CLICK ON OR COPY AND PASTE THE BELOW LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=20666&clientkey=A50BAABBB34F805DEFAAA457D760D8C2