Growing Music School Hiring Part-Time Music teachers! Immediate openings for Piano, Violin and Voice Teachers!!!
We are also looking for instructors for the following instruments: Guitar, Ukulele, and Drums
CONSIDER 6 BENEFITS OF BECOMING A TEACHER AT SANTA TERESA ACADEMY OF MUSIC & DANCE:
- Your teaching is done in a professional teaching environment – saving you time and keeping distractions to a minimum.Lessons are taken in our academy, which gives you a professional appearance and saves you hours of driving time going to students’ houses. There are none of the distractions of a home environment; the only focus is on learning music.
- We market our school continuously which means that we have a constant flow of new students to keep schedules as full as possible.We spend a lot of money on advertising and marketing year round to keep our teacher’s schedules as full as possible. We continuously register new students for our private music lessons even during typically slower registration months like May or June.
- You only have to focus on teaching— our office staff to takes care of the extra details.Our front office staff handles scheduling, collecting fees and arranging recitals. This means you are free to focus on what you do best: teaching!
- Your time is respected -- you are paid whether or not your students show up.If a student misses a lesson, does not pay or has an uncollectable debt, the teacher is still paid. Our priority is to make sure that your time is not wasted and your teaching day is as productive as possible.
- You do not have to teach private make-up lessons --saving you from the general hassle and freeing up your valuable time.If a teacher has 6 students miss lessons in a given time period, that usually means at least 3 hours of lessons that need to be made up. With our group class make-up format, you can take care of all 6 students in just one hour.
- You have the ability to earn additional money by subbing for other teachers. When another teacher has to miss lessons for the day, we call from our list of current teachers first, giving you the opportunity to earn additional income.
Ideal candidates would have the following experience/skills:
- Hold a college or university degree in music or currently be enrolled in a music program (While university training is desired, candidates with other qualified experience will be considered.)
- Have prior teaching experience
- Be professional and punctual
- Be flexible and able to work with students of all ages
- Be able to provide/create your own lesson plans
- Be encouraging and friendly as you help your students reach their goals
If you are interested in applying for a teaching position, please email us the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume listing your knowledge and experience
- 3 References (including your most recent employer/supervisor and a previous or current student)
Pay: $22.00 to $32.00 /hour DOE
Job Type: Part-time