Huckleberry Youth Programs is seeking someone with a strong commitment to the well-being of youth and social justice to assist us in our mission to educate, inspire, and support under-served youth to develop healthy life choices, to maximize their potential, and to realize their dreams. Since 1967, we have accomplished this by providing San Francisco and Marin youth and their families with a network of services and opportunities by caring peers and adults. Watch our story!
The Intervention Specialist is a member of the Huckleberry Advocacy and Response Team (HART), which acknowledges the strengths and struggles of youth who have experienced sexual exploitation. HART creates a safe space where youth are provided meaningful options with compassion and integrity in the hope they can heal and lead the lives they desire. HART is committed to a youth empowerment perspective and prioritizes youth voice.
The Intervention Specialist will provide support to four components of the program:
1. A coordinated 24 hour response for hotline referrals involving commercially sexually exploited youth up to age 21 (CSEC) according to San Francisco County CSEC Protocols.
2. Intensive, in-depth case management services specific to youth who are experiencing commercial sexual exploitation/in the sex trades or who are at risk and their families.
3. Psychoeducation around trafficking, exploitation, safety, and boundaries that will be provided to both youth and their families.
We're looking for someone with the following experience and qualities:
1. Strong commitment to the well-being of youth, social justice, and a positive youth development approach.
2. Experience engaging youth aged 11-24 and working with their parents/ caretakers.
3. Ability to authentically engage youth in a meaningful way.
4. Ability to respond thoughtfully and critically to crisis.
5. Ability to balance crisis and an empowerment approach when working with youth.
6. Ability to work and advocate in a collaborative process and negotiate various systems.
7. Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
8. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
9. Be comfortable with a fast-paced environment that is frequented by youth, including youth in crisis.
10. Must be able to address crisis as it emerges in an office setting as well as in the field.
This position is non-exempt and would be eligible for on-call pay.
For a detailed job description see our website.
We're a great place to work! We offer excellent benefits and value work-life balance.
*Medical coverage--100% employer paid for employee and 50% employer paid for dependents
*Dental Coverage--100% employer paid for employee and 50% employer paid for dependents
*Life Insurance--Employer paid
*16 Vacation days in the 1st year of employment
*12 Personal Necessity days
*6 Paid Holidays
We're a diverse organization and we value diversity and inclusion in all that we do. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Individuals directly impacted by commercial sexual exploitation are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please click here to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Huckleberry Youth Programs is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race; color; ethnic background; religion; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; national origin; ancestry; age; marital status; pregnancy, childbirth, or other related medical condition; disability, including HIV-related conditions; or status as a covered veteran. This policy applies to every aspect of employment, including but not limited to: hiring, advancement, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, compensation, benefits, training and working conditions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For 50 years, Huckleberry Youth Programs' mission has been to educate, inspire, and support under served youth to develop healthy life choices, to maximize their potential, and to realize their dreams. We accomplish this by providing San Francisco and Marin youth and their families with a network of services and opportunities.
51-100 team members
Culture & Perks