We’re looking for a Seasonal Recruiting Specialist to support our audacious annual goal—to hire almost 3,000 of the best and brightest staff to bring our camps to life each summer. In order to make that goal a reality, our People Ops team introduces our stellar employee experience to thousands of people each year. This is an opportunity to join our highly collaborative team, and help tell our story through multiple channels. We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You are intrigued or inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You can juggle—and juggle well. You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Changing deadlines? Multiple stakeholders? Easy breezy. You manage your time well and keep your calendar in tip-top shape.
- The details are important to you. You consistently deliver top-notch quality control, from impeccable written composition and tone to thorough candidate follow-up. The little things that other people think no one will notice? You notice them, and you demonstrate your commitment to getting them right.
- You’re nimble and eager to grow. You’re flexible to changing needs and demands, can quickly and effectively come up with solutions on the fly, and continuously seek feedback to learn and grow.
- You care about people and the relationships you build with them. You communicate clearly and effectively, while acting with a deep sense of empathy.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the job, really?
We’re looking for a Seasonal Recruiting Specialist to help manage our messaging and analytics, and to drive applications for open summer jobs.
- You’ll own our jobs posting calendar, ensuring detailed information about open opportunities is posted to the right channels, including major digital job boards, social media sites, and staff newsletters.
- You’ll collaborate with recruiting strategy leads by serving as a brand representative at on-campus career fairs and other partner recruiting events, as well as supporting outreach efforts to these groups (e.g. email campaigns).
- You’ll help support our robust, candidate-facing social media strategy to help build our employer brand and communicate our employer value proposition to the world.
- You’ll support our online presence through creating and implementing national email marketing and social media ad campaigns as well as recruiting passive candidates on platforms such as LinkedIn.
- You’ll support our data monitoring and reporting efforts to help us measure the efficacy of campaigns, and make data-driven decisions based on performance.
- You’ll help manage the pipeline of incredible summer staff applicants, reviewing resumes in our applicant tracking system, leveraging resources to swiftly summarize notes, and ultimately determining how best to direct candidates to hiring managers.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- 1-2 years experience in a recruiting, marketing, or related role highly preferred, but not required
- Strong attention to detail, and exceptional proficiency in written communication across multiple channels
- Social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat) preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Suite and Google products
- Experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Schedule & Time Commitment
- At-home, online training, approximately 2-5 hours prior to your first day in office
- Training days, approximately 30-40 hours per week, Monday, January 13 – Friday, January 24
- 40 hours/week, from Thursday, January 27 - Friday, June 19 (some flexibility possible in end date)
Benefits & Compensation
- Temporary employee (non-benefited)
- Paid sick leave is accrued at a rate of one hour per every thirty hours worked. Accrual begins on the first day of employment. Paid sick leave may be used beginning on the 90th day of employment.
Galileo Learning Headquarters, 1021 Third Street, Oakland, CA 94607
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2019