Galileo is looking for an astute, service-minded coordinator to join our fast-paced Field Operations team. Our Field Operations Coordinators ensure that all gears on the team run smoothly, supporting the A-Z logistics of delivering exceptional camp programming to 30,000+ kids each summer. They’re organizational masters, and can easily pivot from detailed systems management to providing thoughtful support.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You are intrigued or inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You get deep satisfaction from supporting the vision of a team. You’re motivated by a feeling of personal accountability to provide excellent service to your colleagues. It’s part of your personal brand to be a quick, thorough and friendly email responder, and take ownership over anything on your plate.
- Creating and maintaining tools and systems is your jam. Your natural inclination is to put things in order, and you recognize the impact a strong system can have on the whole team. The only thing you enjoy more is identifying and pursuing ways to improve existing tools and systems to provide even better service.
- You’re nimble and eager to grow. You’re excited to join a high-functioning team, and continuously seek feedback to learn and grow.
- You care about people and the relationships you build with them. You communicate clearly and effectively, while acting with a deep sense of empathy.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to . about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The Field Ops Coordinator will join the dynamic and tight-knit Field Ops team. Primarily Regional Directors, this group is full of master multi-taskers, mentors, educators, and get-things-done-like-no-one’s-business go-getters. Working closely with all departments within our organization, the Field Ops team strategizes, plans, and executes all aspects of delivering our camp programs.
What’s the job, really?The Field Operations Coordinator is a project and systems dynamo, who enjoys both putting things in order managing details in support of the success of a team.
- You’ll provide dazzling overall admin support to the Field Operations team, including everything from coordinating schedules to email communications management to payroll and expense tracking and reporting.
- You’ll impeccably track vital data and content through creating and manipulating Salesforce reports, synthesizing and preparing reports in Excel and PowerPoint, and cataloging a digital photo and video library.
- You’ll be an integral member of event-planning projects, managing travel logistics, securing venues, negotiating contracts, preparing materials and supplies, and serving as the on-site contact during assigned events.
- You’ll be the epitome of concierge service to our teams. You’ll masterfully answer and respond to various inquiries and dispatch requests for support from our on-location camp teams, all while exuding confidence, know-how, and cheer.
- You’ll consistently support the creation, maintenance, and execution of annual team workplans, ensuring overall functional success.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in an administrative role preferred, but not required
- Computer savvy, with solid command of both Microsoft and Google Suites
- The ability to quickly learn new systems; experience with Salesforce report creation and advanced Excel knowledge a plus
- Inclusive mindset, with a deep commitment to building diverse environments
- Experience and comfort with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Schedule & Time Commitment
- 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
- This role has potential to either be:
- Full-time/seasonal (August-May), if the ideal candidate is either a Galileo Camp Director or Galileo summer staffer
Benefits & Compensation
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option.
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year.
- We offer a significant camp discount to year-round and seasonal employees
Galileo Learning Headquarters, 1021 Third Street, Oakland, CA 94607