Work passionately on behalf of the finest hiking and equestrian trail in the Western United States. Work for the Pacific Crest Trail Association!
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, headquartered in Sacramento, California is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. The following part-time staff position is currently open:
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
• Process a variety of accounting transactions such as payroll, invoices, and staff and volunteer expense reimbursements in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, federal grant circulars, and PCTA's policies, procedures and contracts.
• Understand various restricted fund budgets to ensure invoices, expense reports, and timesheets are coded to the appropriate restricted fund.
• Prepare financial grant reports to federal agencies, ensuring grant compliance.
• Assist the accounting manager with the month-end close process including reconciling various general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries, and updating schedules.
• Prepare and distribute monthly budget reports to volunteer groups and staff.
• Assist in preparation for external audits.
• Assist the Accounting Manager and the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer with human resources including maintaining employee personnel files, annual benefit open enrollment, and the hiring process.
The Accounting Specialist is a key part-time staff position working in the Sacramento office under the direction of the Accounting Manager. Hourly wage is between $17 and $20 per hour dependent on experience and qualifications. This part-time position will work 25 hours per week. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
We are seeking applicants with:
• Two or four year college degree preferred
• Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience
• Solid understanding of GAAP
• Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail, over the phone and in-person
• Consistent and accurate data entry skills
• Strong computer literacy
• Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
Submit application by October 29. Please e-mail resume, letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications, and list of 3 references with the subject Accounting Specialist. In-person interviews will likely be held November 13 and the position will start at the end of November. Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association.
Pacific Crest Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Provider.
The Pacific Crest Trail Association is an eclectic band of trail junkies who champion the needs of the Pacific Crest Trail. From across the country and the world, our team travels throughout the mountain ranges of the American West to support the much larger PCT community in protecting, preserving and promoting the trail.
We’re committed to the idea that by supporting our members, volunteers, partners and donors, we’ll succeed in safeguarding this National Scenic Trail for the benefit of future generations. We are the Pacific Crest Trail