BE OUR NEXT MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
- Are you a passionate front-line fundraiser who loves building direct relationships with donors?
- Are you interested in working for a local, well respected human services agency that has direct impact in the community?
- Do you have a strong track record of success managing and growing a portfolio of five-six figure donors?
This role is one of three Major Gifts Officer positions on the Leadership Gifts Team. The position reports to the Director of Leaderships Gifts and manages a portfolio of approximately 150 emerging and major gift prospects and donors including the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of such donors and prospects in the $10,000 to $1,000,000+ range. This position is an ideal opportunity for a high-performing, collaborative, and experienced development professional to come in on the ground floor of San Francisco-Marin Food Bank’s upcoming campaign. This role is key to the Development team which presently raises approximately $17 million annually. The position requires travel throughout San Francisco and Marin counties.
Portfolio Management (75%)
- Directly manage a portfolio of 130-150 donor and donor prospects capable of making a gift of $10,000+ utilizing major gift best practices.
- Build and maintain relationships to implement strategic solicitation of donors for gifts that reach full philanthropic capacity.
- Devise and implement cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies tailored to each donor. Develop, write and present proposals that align the needs of San Francisco-Marin Food Bank with donor intent and capacity.
- Leverage volunteer opportunities, site visits, special events, and donor benefits as cultivation and engagement tools.
- Develop expert familiarity with programmatic offerings; maintain current knowledge of key developments in Food Bank programming and advocacy efforts as they occur.
- Represent the Food Bank at external functions and events.
- Actively Monitor portfolio results and modify strategy as necessary.
- Participate in prospect management meetings to collaborate with fellow giving officers on complicated cases, engage in donor pipeline management, and craft high level, multi-tiered solicitations.
- Track Moves Management activity and long term strategy using Raiser’s Edge.
- Engage Executive Suite, Board Members, Director of Leadership Gifts, program staff and volunteers in fundraising efforts as appropriate.
- Participate in advancing all Development team priorities forward including special events, corporate & foundation giving, planned giving, and volunteer recruitment.
- Other duties as assigned.
YOU MIGHT BE A PERFECT FIT IF:
- You are a skilled relationship builder who is personable, enthusiastic, and has the ability to develop and maintain relationships with people across cultures.
- You have a successful track record of interacting with donors, volunteers, colleagues, board, and executives at the highest level.
- You have a minimum of six years fundraising experience.
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills paired with superior written and oral communication skills.
- You have demonstrated effectiveness in closing five-and six-figure major, corporate or foundation gifts or related sales experience.
- You have strong initiative, self-motivation, a fierce entrepreneurial spirit and are able to work independently.
- You have a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple, competing deadlines.
- You love the challenge of developing individualized strategies for donors in your portfolio.
- You are a strong writer who enjoys developing effective proposals and other major gifts communications.
- You are a highly collaborative, flexible, and supportive colleague who values others’ ideas.
- You are proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
- You have a working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM tools.
- You have a willingness to travel locally, and you are available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- You thrive in an environment that values and rewards collaboration, leadership, excellence, accountability, and mutual respect.
We provide excellent medical, dental, generous 403B retirement plan, FSA, life insurance, competitive salary, vacation, sick and holiday leave, career development, celebrations and activities.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.