Over the last 30+ years, Hamilton Families has become one of the most recognized leaders addressing the rising homelessness challenges in the U.S. With 1 in 25 students in the San Francisco Unified School District experiencing homelessness, Hamilton Families (HF) is leading the City’s efforts to end family homelessness. Using data to drive our efforts, we focus on impact and long-term solutions to tackle this seemingly intractable problem. We have a plan to end family homelessness in San Francisco and in recent years have partnered with organizations such as the Giants, Google, Salesforce, Twitter, Airbnb, government officials and the wider Bay Area community.
Recognizing the need to better tell and share our story, HF has created this new Communications Manager position. We are looking for someone who is creative, strategic, skilled at building relationships within the organization and throughout the community, able to juggle multiple, complex projects and driven to increase HF’s position for regional and national impact. S/he will build on our existing communications platform (website, social media, newsletters, public relations, etc.), which has grown organically over time and build out a communications strategy and plan that will significantly impact our ability to address the complex issue of ending family homelessness.
This person will report directly to our Chief Development Officer and collaborate directly with both the development team and program staff to lead and drive our communications efforts. S/he will be a critical thought partner as we prepare to expand our work. This is an excellent opportunity for a communications professional who believes that every child deserves a safe place to sleep at night and wants to use their skills to ensure that possibility within our community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan and execute the annual communications strategy.
· Work in collaboration with the leadership team to develop materials for annual campaign, event sponsorships, and other appeals.
· Lead agency-wide communications, marketing and public relations.
· Visit programs (especially children’s program) and families to collect stories and photos. Develop creative ways to share these stories.
· Coordinate with program staff to select and prepare families to serve as ambassadors. Create a Speakers Bureau of participants who are willing to share their story. · Manage HF’s social media channels and maintain relevant sections of the website and a pending website refresh.
· Seek and develop opportunities to enhance the image of the organization in the community.
· Collaborate with leadership team to increase awareness about HF’s work throughout the region and increase visibility.
· Support and attend fundraising and community events (recent events include SF Giants opening day ceremony, Hamilton the Musical fundraiser, Google SF event).
· Supervise consultants and/or pro bono advisors as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least three years of experience in a related position.
· Committed to our mission to end family homelessness and see this role as an opportunity to live out your passion and values.
· Able to dive into a complex issue and make it accessible through storytelling and data visualization.
· Empathy and compassion.
· Demonstrated project management experience managing multiple, complex projects with tight deadlines. · Strong interpersonal skills and oral presentation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships with all types of stakeholders.
· Meticulous attention to detail and an aesthetic eye in reviewing fundraising materials.
· Must be able to attend events (some nights and weekends) and activities as needed.
· Criminal background check and fingerprint imaging required post offer.
· TB (Tuberculosis) clearance and documentation required post-offer.
· Essential job functions include using a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal, ability to follow reasonable ergonomic accommodations, sit and stand for long intervals.
Compensation and Benefits
Hamilton Families offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid major medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, an employer-contributed retirement plan, and generous paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
· To submit an application, please click on the "apply" button below.
· Please attach your résumé and a brief letter of interest.
· No faxes or phone calls.
· Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1985, Hamilton Families established San Francisco’s first shelter for families experiencing homelessness. Today we are San Francisco’s leading service provider to homeless families, with an array of highly effective programs at sites in San Francisco and Oakland.
Hamilton Shelter Program in the Tenderloin provides safe shelter, three meals a day and critical social services to 50 families a night for up to six months.
Hamilton Transitional Housing houses and supports up to 25 families at high risk for chronic homelessness for 6 to 18 months. Families receive intensive social services to identify and address factors contributing to their homelessness.
Hamilton Housing Solutions prevents homelessness whenever possible and assists families who have become homeless with housing search assistance, temporary rent assistance, case management, job search and other services for up to 18 months to help them find and retain a permanent home.
Children’s Services are integrated throughout all our programs, providing therapeutic support and enrichment activities to strengthen children’s resiliency, promote academic success and enhance the parent-child bond.
Culture & Perks