West Lane and Bar is looking for a full-time professional line cook to prepare food to exact recipe specifications and follow food safety guidelines. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and business goals.
· Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
· Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
· Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
· Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef's instructions
· Clean up station and take care of leftover food
· Stock inventory appropriately
· Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
· Proven cooking experience
· Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
· Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
· Familiar with industry's best practices
· Culinary school diploma or 2-3 years in a high volume Kitchen.
* Available to work weekends
DOE FT w/Full Benefits
Kings Card Club / Westlane Card Room / Westlane Restaurant & Bar .... We are all wrapped up into one convenient location! Located in central Stockton, we have a diverse cultural environment, customer, family friendly and smoke free atmosphere. We're open 24 hours so our customers can enjoy our featured table games, great food and fun.
...and it does not end there! Our Restaurant is also open 24 hours! Our bar area has great drinks and features UFC fights, football, basketball and other sport fanatic entertainment. Yes that's right..around the clock work is available.
Enjoy flexible scheduling, we pride ourselves on our open door policy, most importantly we know you are the reason our customers keep coming back! We will train you to be the professional everyone loves! Apply today to learn more about the benefits and perks we offer.
Culture & Perks