SCA Environmental, Inc. is a small environmental consulting firm with two local Bay Area offices. SCA works for many different types of clients, including cities, agencies, high-rise office building owners, banks, the US military, housing developers, non-profit groups, and manufacturing companies.
We currently have the following positions available in our San Francisco office:
Entry Level Environmental Specialist - San Francisco office (Job Code: ESP2-SF)
The selected candidate will work with our staff of environmental scientists, civil and mechanical engineers, safety professionals and industrial hygienists. The successful candidate will spend approximately 75% of their time performing environmental engineering and/or industrial hygiene based assessments and monitoring involving asbestos and lead. Other types of projects that you will perform include indoor air quality investigations; sampling of air, soil and water; construction monitoring; evaluation of buildings for hazardous materials; and historical site assessments.
The position will include approximately 75% field work and 25% office work over the course of the year. Note that SCA will train you in the necessary technical areas, so you do not need to have experience in all areas. The most important things you can bring to the job are a desire to learn, an ability to be flexible, and a willingness to work hard.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (job requires high school level Sciences, all majors welcomed as well as OPT)
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel).
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time
• Must be physically able to climb a 20′ ladder, lift up to 50 pounds, enter crawl spaces and attics, and work on construction sites near heavy construction equipment and in outside weather conditions such as wet and/or humid conditions. Work may be conducted in locations where noise, fumes, dust, toxic materials are present.
• Participation in SCA’s Medical Surveillance Program, which requires the selected candidate to maintain a current medical clearance to work and wear respiratory protection
• A reliable car, drivers license, and auto insurance for field work are REQUIRED
• Ability to work nights and weekends, which occurs up to 25% of the time, is also required.
This is an entry-level position. To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include your resume in the body of the email. NO ATTACHMENTS PLEASE. Be sure to reference the exact Job Code in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
SCA is an equal opportunity employer.
SCA Environmental, Inc. was established in 1992 as a multi-disciplinary firm offering a family of interrelated services in the fields of environmental science, occupational health and safety, engineering, and laboratory analyses.
SCA has offices in San Francisco and Oakland. Our staff of technical specialists serves federal, municipal, commercial, and industrial clients throughout the United States.
We are committed to providing quality services in a timely and cost-effective manner. SCA's work has continuously been highly rated by our clients and our peers, as demonstrated by our more than 95% repeat client rate.
Culture & Perks