LOCATION: 1414 Walnut St (Berk), 5811 Racine St (Oakland), 5525 Ascot Drive (Oakland), and 745 Cleveland St (Oakland)
About the JCC Afterschool Programs: The JCC East Bay is a welcoming, inspiring home for people of all ages and life stages. Our highly regarded afterschool programs are known for their exciting curricula and dynamic staff. The afterschool program serves over 500 children at two public schools in Oakland, and at our JCC sites in Oakland and Berkeley. We are currently seeking after school teachers for our Berkeley after school branch.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Substitute Teacher will be responsible for supporting the JCC Afterschool program in all functions of the program. They will also be responsible for preparing, and implementing several weekly enrichment classes based off their personal passions and skills.
• Supervise children, including planning, preparation and implementation of developmental programming for children, kindergarten through fifth grades
• Assist with daily pick-ups of children from schools
• Assist with parent communications
• Participate in weekly staff meetings
• Assist in keeping all Afterschool spaces organized and operational
• Must have experience working with children grades K - 5 and be able to plan appropriate activities for different age groups.
• Applicant must provide the appropriate documentation to meet California Community Childcare Licensing requirements for this position.
• Must be at least 18 years old and a High School graduate. Some college classes or college degree required.
• Be committed to developing a positive learning environment for children.
• Ability to be a team player
Qualified candidates must be available Monday through Friday from 2pm to 6pm.
On-call substitute positions are also available for applicants with limited availability.
The JCC of the East Bay provides a comfortable and warm gathering place for Jews wishing to affirm their cultural and ethnic origins. Our members and visitors represent all facets of the Jewish community and many are unaffiliated with other Jewish organizations or synagogues. All programs emphasize and celebrate Jewish values and culture, and are open to everyone. Together, with an active Board of Directors, our dedicated staff, and our strong and active volunteer teams work together to build a strong community.