About Us: Sugar Fly is a novel concept merging the worlds of Fashion & Beauty into a Modern Salon & Lifestyle boutique. If you have a passion for cutting edge fashion & beauty trends, are a team player, and are committed to ongoing continuing education, then we welcome you to join our team of talented & creative stylists!
Job Summary: Sugar Fly stylists train & perform in all phases of salon work. They must demonstrate a willingness to train in our studio's specific service offerings and operations. Communication skills and product/service knowledge are key in our stylists’ ability to effectively provide beauty solutions to meet the needs of our clientele.
* Put customer care first in all phases of service
* Ensure a safe and sanitary work environment, upholding state board requirements, and the studio's policies and standards
* Attend advanced training classes in selected areas (i.e. styling, color, smoothing, hair extensions, depilatory services, makeup, eyelash extensions, gel nails, no chip nails, nail art, sales/retail, business, etc.)
* Participate in fashion shows, photo-shoots, community service, promotional activities and business building efforts
* Demonstrate a team approach with all co-workers
* Complete all tasks as directed by management
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Occasional overtime may be required.
Note: All duties and requirements stated are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by management.
Qualifications: * Must hold and maintain a current Illinois state cosmetology or nail technology license (or be enrolled in an accredited program) * Talented at Hair Styling, Cutting, Color Application, Neat Manicure/Pedicure Applications, Acrylic or Gel nails a PLUS * Must have a passion for hair, nails, beauty & fashion
Send Resume and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note the position you are applying for in the subject line
Location: Chicago, IL (Bucktown) * Part-time positions available with possibility for Full-time (Must be available on weekends)
We are a passionate team of creative individuals that love what we do! Staying on top of industry trends is a must & so ongoing continuing education is key. We share new techniques & trend info with our clients to keep their individual styles up to date. Our mission is to help our team members reach their goals so that we can continue to grow & succeed together.