Retail Wine Shop and tasting bar in North Oakland is looking for a friendly and motivated person to join our team, selling wine in a fun, dynamic and rewarding atmosphere. Our goal is to create and maintain a warm, welcoming, and engaging environment for everyone - to make wine approachable and enjoyable.
This position also includes non-sales duties, like stocking shelves and stamping bags, some cleaning and caring for the shop, fulfilling online and wine club orders, taking out recycling, operating the POS system, and opening and/or closing the store.
General understanding and/or familiarity with wine regions and grape varieties is ideal. Customer service skills, a love for wine, and an eagerness to learn are most essential.
* Real world experience in Retail Wines Sales, Restaurant, or Hospitality industries (preferably with some wine emphasis)
* Good communications skills
* Sales and customer service experience
* A commitment to excellence
* Ability to interact in a positive way with a diverse range of people
* Self motivation with a sense of personal responsibility that includes punctuality and pride in your work
* Ability to communicate and teach product knowledge to fellow staff members
* A flexible schedule with availability to work weekends
* Excellent references from past employment
* Ability to lift 40-50 pounds sometimes frequently during the day
* Intermittent standing, walking, reaching, sitting
* Comfort in a cool environment (shop 65-70 degrees)
* Computer (Word, Excel, Google Docs and Sheets) and/or IT skills a bonus!
We're seeking someone who can work approx. 10-15 hours per week, including at least one weekend day and afternoon/evening shifts (but not later than 8pm at this time).
Reply to this post by email with a couple paragraphs telling us about yourself (perhaps how your work history, personality, and/or life experiences might make you a good fit for our team). Please no phone calls or unscheduled drop-ins, thanks!
This company seeks diversity: Women, BIPOC and LGBTQIA highly encouraged to apply!
Culture & Perks