The Academic Mentor is responsible for providing academic/tutoring and emotional support for individual students and small groups to supplement and enhance student’s classroom experiences while empowering young people with the tools to become confident, successful, and responsible citizens.
For consideration: Please complete our application here: https://goo.gl/forms/0suFy2R0ahtmOMx93
We look forward to seeing your completed applications soon!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the GMS mission to “create an inclusive environment where academic growth is nourished.”
- Assure student comprehension of math and English language arts-based concepts.
- Enforce policies and rules governing students by using consistent and effective discipline techniques.
- Work collaboratively with staff on site to assure students’ needs are being met by program.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently attending or have graduated from a college or university.
- Proficient in a wide range of academic disciplines, especially Math and English Language Arts.
- Collaborative and with strong communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for and experience working with middle school students.
- Reliable transportation.
- Women of color, bilingual candidates, and women with high math confidence are especially encouraged to apply.