Got Light Special Event Production Company Seeking Warehouse Supervisor San Francisco
Got Light applies a fresh approach to lighting, audio, video, staging, and drape in the special event and wedding industry. We produce hundreds of events each year including some of the most notable events in the City, including major opening parties and social galas. Our company promotes team-building and maintains high employee retention rates by consistently creating a fun and dynamic work environment.
Make Art. Be Proud. Have Fun.
ABOUT THIS JOB: The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations of the warehouse. This includes supervising the pick, packing, and pulling process, shipping and receiving, inventory control, and deliveries of shows for a very fast-paced environment. This position requires supervising employees and ensuring that all employees follow warehouse safety guidelines and regulations. This also requires working closely with other supervisors, managers, and departments. A global understanding of the company’s model, brand, and methods can be easily trained, but the position requires a base knowledge of the special events industry and production/design elements of Lighting, Audio, Video, Drape, & Staging.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Open and close the warehouse as scheduled
- Supervise the day-to-day operations and the quality output of the warehouse
- Uphold the integrity of company brand, cleanliness, and presentation of equipment and staff
- Communicate expectations and delegate daily tasks, custom orders, and projects to staff
- Maintain the security, and integrity of all warehouse equipment while ensuring its safe use and operation
- Print and analyze pull sheets, trucking schedules, and custom orders
- Close rentals and custom orders on the database as soon as completed
- Make sure that trucks are loaded and unloaded safely
- Solve problems as they materialize
SHIPPING & RECEIVING
- Supervise the pick, pull, and packing of orders and rentals, and ensure efficiency and quality
- Supervise the receiving of shows, rentals, and purchased orders · Organize, track and monitor event equipment as it moves inbound/outbound to/from events
- Report any missing or broken gear to Inventory Manager
- Assist during the performance of inventory counts
- Assist Management and supervise stocking and supplies re-ordering for all warehouse divisions
- Supervise shelving and storage areas regularly and make sure the equipment is placed where designated
- Maintain accurate and effective communication to guaranteed clean hand off of completed and pending responsibilities/duties between warehouse shifts
- Communicate with the office staff and field crew effectively via email and phone
- Communicate regularly with Management regarding pending issues, policy changes, and departmental status
- Supervise standards for conduct, performance, and efficiency for all warehouse employee
- Supervise safety, breaks, and performance of staff throughout shift
- Promote teamwork, team building, continued training, and staff morale
- Report any employee issues and coach as necessary
- Train newer staff as needed and make sure that employees have attended or received the proper training for the warehouse
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-3 years of previous warehouse management experience
- Must have previous leadership experience which included coaching, training, and leading a team
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Should have strong project management and problem solving skills
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively in a verbal and written form including strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer and technology skills are required
- Mac environment friendly
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Email, and database programs
- Ability to work quickly under pressure, and manage chaos with ease
- Must have a clean driving record and clearance to drive, fuel, and manage a truck fleet
- Spanish bilingual is a plus
THURSDAY - MONDAY
MID/PM CLOSING SHIFTS (11AM -7PM on avg.)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- This is a full-time exempt position
- Salary is based on work experience, technical knowledge, and industry experience.
- Got Light offers 15 days PTO per year plus paid holidays
- Got Light offers medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic benefits
- For qualified employees, we offer a matching 401K plan
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 50 pounds
- Continual standing and/or walking without limitations up to 10 hours daily
- Ability to work in an environment that may be noisy, unheated, and not air conditioned
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter.
Got Light is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, protected medical condition or any other basis as defined by state, federal or local law. Got Light provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in both the hiring process and during employment as required by applicable federal, state and local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment any qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.