Job Title: Part Time High School Educational Advisor
Program: San Francisco College Access Center
Location: 1596 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94109 School: Mission High School or George Washington High School
The San Francisco College Access Center’s (SFCAC) mission is to provide culturally relevant, comprehensive college preparation information and assistance. Although open to the community, SFCAC targets students who are low income and/or first of their family to attend postsecondary education programs. SFCAC is a collaborative program focusing on service coordination, enhancement, and expansion. For more information, visit www.jcyccollegeaccess.org.
SFCAC is a college access program of Japanese Community Youth Council (JCYC). JCYC’s mission is to cultivate and enrich the lives of children and youth from diverse, multicultural communities throughout San Francisco and beyond. For more information about JCYC please visit www.jcyc.org.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SFCAC is a Cal-SOAP project administered by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). The Educational Advisor will be responsible for recruitment, identification, selection and counseling of participants at a high school in the San Francisco Unified School District. These participants will fulfill the eligibility criteria as set by CSAC for all Cal-SOAP Projects. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Manage a caseload of 100 students; organize required program documents and data for each student into a complete file;
-Assist with implementation and evaluation of project activities;
-Provide support to high school counseling staff and collaborate on events that complement SFCAC program timeline. Staff participation in target school activities is subject to approval by Associate Director. Activities must not interfere with job responsibilities.
● Enrolled in college, and recipient of financial aid (i.e., Pell Grant, Cal Grant, or Loans)
● Prefer individuals with similar background to target population – low-income and first in their families to attend college
● Experience with conducting presentations and activity planning, preferably working with youth for at least one year
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
● Computer Literate; Working proficiency of MS Word and Excel, PowerPoint and other presentation tools
● Experience with diverse student populations
● Individuals with similar background to target population, low-income and first in their families to attend college
● Bilingual preferred (Cantonese, Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog)
● Knowledge of community activities, resources and programs for youth in San Francisco
● Ability to work cooperatively with secondary school faculty and community agency personnel
: Applicants MUST submit ALL of the following: 1) Cover Letter and 2) Resume to email@example.com Attn: PT SFCAC High School Educational Advisor Position. Please no phone calls.
PLEASE NOTE: San Francisco College Access Center, a college access program of JCYC, actively seek to hire and promote individuals, recruit volunteers and provide services to individuals without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious creed, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or presence of non-job related conditions or disabilities. All employees of the JCYC participate in a criminal background investigation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
JCYC’s mission is to cultivate and enrich the lives of children and youth from diverse, multi-cultural communities throughout San Francisco and beyond. Through a continuum of services, JCYC programs can support children and youth from the time they start pre-school until they are ready to move onto college. In addition to providing direct services, JCYC has also organized and continues to lead some of the largest and most successful youth collaborations in San Francisco.