LOCATION: Kids Club at Joaquin Miller Elementary: 5525 Ascot Dr, Oakland, CA 94611
About the JCC Afterschool Programs: Our highly regarded afterschool programs are known for their exciting curricula and dynamic staff. , is an extension of the formal Joaquin Miller Elementary school day. With a small student to teacher ratio (14:1) Kids Club provides children an opportunity to expand their learning through enrichment classes, develop meaningful relationships with their teachers, and build community with their peers. The program also offers healthy snacks, outside play, and plenty of downtime to unwind and have fun. Kids Club Enrichment Program offers over 50 enrichment classes led by our internal teachers and is divided into three 10-12 week sessions (Fall, Winter, and Spring). Enrichment ranges from art, science, sports, gardening, and much more. We also offer enrichment by various external vendors.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Afterschool Teacher will be responsible for supporting the JCC Afterschool program in all functions of the program. They will also be responsible for preparing, and implementing several weekly enrichment classes based off their personal passions and skills.
• Supervise children, including planning, preparation and implementation of developmental programming for children, kindergarten through fifth grades
• Assist with daily pick-ups of children from schools
• Assist with parent communications
• Participate in weekly staff meetings
• Assist in keeping all Afterschool spaces organized and operational
• Purchase enrichment class supplies and work with Director on program budget
• Must have experience working with children grades K - 5 and be able to plan appropriate activities for different age groups.
• Applicant must provide the appropriate documentation to meet California Community Childcare Licensing requirements for this position.
• Must be at least 18 years old and a High School graduate. Some college classes or college
• Be committed to developing a positive learning environment for children.
• Ability to be a team player
Qualified candidates must be available Monday through Friday from 2pm to 6pm.
On-call substitute positions are also available for applicants with limited availability.
The JCC of the East Bay provides a comfortable and warm gathering place for Jews wishing to affirm their cultural and ethnic origins. Our members and visitors represent all facets of the Jewish community and many are unaffiliated with other Jewish organizations or synagogues. All programs emphasize and celebrate Jewish values and culture, and are open to everyone. Together, with an active Board of Directors, our dedicated staff, and our strong and active volunteer teams work together to build a strong community.