This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact! Net Impact is an established nonprofit with an entrepreneurial culture and a tight-knit team dedicated to making a difference in the world. Net Impact is seeking an Outreach Contractor with superior communications (written and verbal), organizational, and research skills to work on a temporary basis supporting our partnership programs.
About the Position
The Outreach Contractor position will support our client programs team. The Contractor will need to create communications materials explaining the program, send these to lists of interested contacts, follow up emails with phone calls, track responses and respond to questions, and adjust our outreach strategy based upon response rates. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience in marketing, communications, and community management for a dynamic, values-based organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Source and build targeted contact lists
● Create communications materials that resonate with target student and faculty audiences
● Support tactical execution of marketing and outreach campaigns, including cold calls and email
● Screen and evaluate candidates for program participation
● Maintain Salesforce database and build out processes for efficient relationship management and application tracking
● 1+ years of relevant experience (could be concurrent with school)
● Superb communications skills, both written and verbal, particularly with student and faculty audiences
● Excellent persuasion skills: we’re looking for someone who can convince others to take action!
● Experience with sourcing and generating leads
● Must be comfortable making cold calls
● Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, rapidly changing environment
● Proficiency in Excel and Salesforce; experience using Pardot or Google Analytics a plus
About working at Net Impact
Our passionate team engages our community in events, projects, and initiatives designed to inspire and support them to make an impact now and in their future careers. We bring an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, and optimistic outlook to work everyday.
Candidates should be aware of the following attributes of working at Net Impact:
● We have a fantastic team and culture
● People at all levels must be both doers and dreamers; we are looking for visionary and creative idea people, but also individuals able to dig into details and execute
● We are a nimble and fast moving organization that shifts rapidly to meet our goals; people do well here who are comfortable with a fast pace as well as ambiguity at times
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in the corporate sustainability space, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 24 years. Today, our community of over 100,000 individuals in 300 chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference. As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next generation leaders who want to transform the world.
To Apply Please email the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Outreach Contractor”) in the subject line of your email. Applications will not be considered without the following:
1) Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
Duration: Immediate start. Position has the opportunity to last between 6-9 months
Hours: Up to 40 hours a week, hours may fluctuate depending on need during peak and down times during the year
Location: Downtown Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: $15 per hour (not eligible for benefits)
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Net Impact mobilizes the next generations to use their skills and careers to make a positive impact on the world.
Net Impact is a global community of students and professionals who aspire to be effective drivers of social and environmental change. Our programs—delivered from our headquarters, as well as globally through our student and professional chapters—give our members the skills, experiences and connections that will allow them to have the greatest impact now and throughout their careers.
Over 100,000 strong, we take on social challenges, protect the environment, invent new products and orient business toward the greater good. In short, we help our members turn their passions into a lifetime of world-changing action.