Test Prep Mentor
We want experienced and passionate Test Prep Mentors to improve our students’ high school and college entrance exam performances. Test Prep Mentors work students through our programs for either the SAT, ACT, or both. We provide educational training covering the Test Prep programs and ensure that our mentors are well-versed in testing techniques, content, and timing strategies.
A successful Test Prep Mentor will show a willingness to help his or her students improve! Additionally, mentors will be familiar with the test landscape and show empathy toward students. An effective mentor will help a student schedule practice for a college entrance exam, hold a student responsible for homework, identify stronger and weaker areas of study, and professionally communicate with the student/client to ensure the most positive outcome. Furthermore, this position provides an opportunity to grow a small business and gain valuable experience working in such an environment.
Test Prep Mentor Responsibilities:
· Adapting New Coda’s testing strategies and techniques and studying our test prep content
· Occasionally understanding further techniques for educating students with learning differences
· Setting appropriate schedules to frame Test Prep performance
· Recording and analyzing student progress and achieved goals · Connecting students and clients to other resources, such as Academic Mentors, college application resources, etc.
· At times, traveling to students’ homes for meetings
Test Prep Mentor Requirements:
· 4-year degree or equivalent
· Prior experience tutoring standardized tests (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, etc)
· Show aptitude for learning New Coda’s test prep procedure · Investment in the educational process and passion to motivate students to perform
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to build rapport with clients and students
· Strong problem solving skills
· Willingness to learn the high school and college entrance process (HSPT, SSAT, SAT, ACT, etc.)
· Professionalism to move client through test prep experience, making recommendations as to scheduling, test format, and score maintenance
Based in Burlingame, California, New Coda was founded in 2012 by professional tutor Ryan Sigman. Working with middle school, high school, and college students in Burlingame, Hillsborough, Millbrae, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton, Los Gatos, San Jose, Saratoga, Mountain View, Los Altos and neighboring cities, New Coda tutors understand today’s educational landscape—from competition at public and private high schools to testing to the college acceptance process. Offering test prep and academic prep in all subject areas, New Coda tutors use individually tailored approaches to complement each student’s unique goals.
Culture & Perks