If you're a pet lover who is organized, honest and reliable, and looking for steady part-time income in a role that will be personally fulfilling, we're looking for you!
We're actively hiring in the following areas:
Old Irving Park
Company website: www.swooftchicago.com
General Hours: 10am-4pm M-F
(evenings/weekends are optional as walks are requested)
Please note, applicants must be at least 21 years old and make a commitment of service for a minimum of 6 months. A background check and references checks are required to secure employment, and our walkers travel between stops by car or bike. S'wooft employs all walkers as W2 employees.
• Dog walkers must be comfortable performing new client consultations, including a meet and greet of new clients and their pets, gathering detailed information about their needs and special requests, and collecting necessary completed paperwork.
• Walkers must be willing to take on all types of assignments within the standard M-F 10am-4pm walking hours, as well as evenings/weekends/vacation care as their schedule permits. This could include daily dog walks or cat care, each for a range of breeds and temperaments.
• Walkers ensure the safety of the dogs and those (humans and dogs) around them, as well as maintain home security when entering/exiting. They are also expected to reinforce any trainings or walking behaviors as outlined during new client consultations or meet and greets.
• Even when it is raining or snowing, dogs need to go out! Walkers must be willing to drive/walk in inclement weather.
• Walkers will be required to check in with the office staff and software systems to confirm that everything has been completed to client specifications.
• Walkers must be comfortable holding keys to clients' homes and take responsibility to not lose keys or get locked out.
• Walkers must be comfortable using a smartphone and using each of three apps used for the job. Orientation for each app will be provided during training.
• Due to the bonding that occurs between a sitter and animal, we require at least a 6 month commitment.
Dog walkers are paid by direct on a bi-weekly basis with monthly income ranging about $650-1400+ depending on client needs and walker availability. We will discuss exact route and expected income based on your needs and qualifications. All walkers are W2 employees and start at $14/hr, moving up to $15/hr within their first year. In addition, they enjoy the following benefits:
The mission of S’wooft is to offer loving, reliable, and professional pet care in far northwest Chicago and surrounding areas.We do this through:
We specialize in daily dog walking, vacation care, and cat care—all of the ways pet owners need to be able to rely on someone when it comes to the daily care of their pets. Families trust us with their fur babies and their homes, so we're careful to thoroughly screen all of our staff with a full background check, professional references, and shadowing, to see if they have the same abounding love for pets that we do. Rather than a pet service based primarily on convenience, where the quality of staff may be inconsistent, we pride ourselves on each individual who makes up this team. We also strive to build community, both within Team S’wooft and among the greater Chicago area pet community. We do this through team outings, use of an ongoing chat app (Slack), community events, and our various marketing efforts.
S’wooft is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we select, place, train, and promote the most qualified team members based on relevant factors such as experience, work quality, attitude, and availability. We do not consider race, color, religion, age, gender identification, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, genetic information, order of protection status, status as a victim or perceived victim of domestic or sexual violence, status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or any other proscribed factor in our hiring, salary/wage, promotion, or termination decisions, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please apply online if you are interested in this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
S'wooft opened in March of 2015 when Sarah Homan (founder) ran into a dilemma. She lived in far northwest Chicago and despite being within city limits, had very few options for pet care for her then 8yr old collie mix, Allie. Long work and commuting hours made it necessary to find a reliable daily dog walker and she was shocked at the limited options in her area, so she made it her mission to establish a loving, reliable, and professional pet care service for far northwest Chicago and the surrounding area. Sarah left her full-time job in technology recruiting in October of 2015 to continue to grow the business. Her dogs Allie and little sister Melo (2yr old Pit Bull mix) now enjoy having a daily walking buddy and seeing a lot more of mom!
Sarah brought a professional background in education, customer service and career advising, and networking within and beyond her community. Her love for animals was the common thread throughout, as she made several career choices based on her pets' wellbeing. It has become her joy to be a more present dog mom and help other pet owners maintain a high quality of life for their fur babies despite the demands of adult life. S'wooft has been fortunate to find professional and loving individuals to care for their clients and Sarah strongly believes that our value lies in our great team of professional pet care providers.
Culture & Perks