○ Responsible for Dog Care & Operations in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Facilities & Safety
○ Ensure cleanliness of all rescue spaces, particularly dog-related areas, this includes deep cleaning
○ Order supplies and work with partners to ensure rescue supply needs are met: Food, Medicine, Cleaning supplies, etc.
○ Human Safety (Volunteers, Staff, Adopters, etc.): follow safety protocols throughout our spaces
○ Ensure safety, health, and wellbeing of dogs under our care
○ Feed and care for the dogs on a daily basis
○ Document behavior, behavioral assessment of dogs
○ Track incident reports, ensure they’re written and that reporting forms are available for all volunteers, adopters, and staff onsite
○ Match dogs and assignment into rescue areas
○ Keep track of dogs and where they’re allocated
○ Grade dogs for our volunteers and keeping it up to date
○ Ensure dogs receive medical attention
○ Responsible for intake of animals - ensuring space and medical supplies are prepared for intakes
Supporting Family Dog Rescue departments
○Support & collaborate with teams within Family Dog Rescue (Adoptions, Volunteer, & Corporate Engagement)
DOG. From California's overcrowded municipal shelters to the street dogs of Mexico, Family Dog Rescue gives dogs in need a second chance. We welcome these dogs into our San Francisco shelter and foster program, providing them with medical care, temperament analysis, spay/neuter, vaccinations and finally, a loving family of their own. Family Dog Rescue is proud to save dogs of all kinds, including puppies, adults, mixed breeds, purebreds, and dogs with disabilities.
HUMAN. Our experienced, compassionate family of shelter staff and volunteers ensure that our dogs receive proper enrichment and socialization from the time they enter our program to the day they find their new home. Our adoption process looks past any formulaic checklist of the perfect dog owner. We treat our potential adopters just as we treat our dogs - on an individual basis. We are proud to connect people to their perfect dog, creating families with every adoption.
FAMILY. We believe that when you adopt a dog, a family is created. Through events and social media outreach, we've created a community-wide connection between Family Dog supporters, adopters, volunteers, and canine alumni. Together, we advocate for greater public awareness about responsible dog ownership and celebrate the connection and love that rescue dogs give openly.
Family Dog Rescue was founded in 2010 by Angela Padilla, a young mom battling breast cancer. As a grassroots, 501(c)(3) dog rescue organization, we save over 1,000 dogs per year from certain euthanasia and place them with loving families.
About us Family Dog Rescue is a grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal shelter in San Francisco. In 2018, we saved over 1,200 dogs and placed them in loving homes. We are proud and honored to have saved over 6,000 dogs since our founding in 2010.
11-50 team members
Culture & Perks