Children's Learning Cottage in Mountain View, CA is currently looking for a fun, energetic, positive, team player, experienced preschool teacher. About CLC-
We are a unique, intimate early childhood program with a vision of providing quality care for children ages 2-5-5 years old. CLC is a place for children to play, laugh, explore, in a safe, caring and loving environment. Our learning environment is set up to allow children and teachers to come together to explore, discover, communicate and express themselves.
Our educators take inspiration from the Reggio Emilia Approach. We value the importance of play-based learning, flexibility in schedules, independence, and our families and view the children as competent learners.
We are looking for an energetic, fun and experienced preschool teacher. The ideal candidate must have experience in play-based, project oriented curriculum and enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
• BA or AA in Early Childhood Education (or related field preferred)
• A minimum 18 ECE units are expected for consideration.
• CPR and First Aid certified
• 2 or more years' experience working in a classroom with children ages 2-5 years old.
• Training and understanding of the Reggio Emilia Approach.
• Strong written and communication skills.
• Passion for teaching young children and ability to interact with families in a positive and professional manner.
• Organized and detailed oriented.
• A great team player with strong work ethics and customer service skills.
Some duties include:
• Be able to deliberate and thoughtfully plan and implement a curriculum for ages 2-5 years old.
• Must intentionally set up daily classroom activities.
• Communicating with parents about children's day and development.
• Documenting children's work, projects and daily experiences.
• Be able to step up during Director's absence.
• Work collaboratively with the Director, teachers, children and families.
• Competitive hourly rate
• A beautiful, intimate environment with supportive families
• Internal professional development opportunities several times a year
• Paid conferences and trainings
• Vacation, Holiday and personal time off
• Health benefit stipend
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume (Word attachments are OK, but no zip files please) describing your interest and qualifications. You can also to visit our website.
Children’s Learning Cottage is conveniently located in Mountain View and serves the greater Los Altos, Sunnyvale and Palo Alto areas. We offer experienced teachers, flexible schedules and low ratios. Through our balanced approach that combines best practices in early childhood education and a nurturing atmosphere that is tailored to the individual child, we will work together with you to prepare your child for each developmental stage. With flexible hours and competitive tuition we know there is an option that will fit your family’s busy lifestyle.