Job Title: Early Childhood Teacher
Organization: International Child Resource Institute (ICRI)
Location: Stanford University Stock Farm Road Children's Center, Stanford, CA
Salary: Competitive pay rate
Job type: Full-time
“We are a community of thousands of children, families, community leaders, great thinkers, innovative doers, program experts, and those with the heart, soul, and commitment to make change for children and families every day.”
About Us: International Child Resource Institute (ICRI) is a leading international early childhood education, health, and development organization that provides award-winning locally-initiated preschool and infant/toddler Emergent Curriculum programs in over fifty countries from Ghana to Malaysia and partners with UNICEF, World Health Organization, and many other leading organizations. Founded in 1981, our early education programs are based on child-directed, Reggio-inspired, developmentally appropriate practices. We seek full-time Early Childhood Teachers who embrace the opportunity to make a lasting difference in children’s lives. Our three centers on the Stanford campus (Madera, Arboretum, and Stock Farm) offer growth opportunities, competitive pay, a positive team culture and excellent benefits, including tuition reimbursement, paid training and partnerships with leading early childhood educators. ICRI envisions a world in which all children are able to fulfill their greatest potential.
The Opportunity: As a full-time Early Childhood Teacher on the Stanford University campus you are responsible for nurturing each child’s creativity and curiosity on the path of growth and early learning. Responsibilities include implementing curriculum, providing instruction and supervision, communicating with parents and team members, and creating a healthy and safe environment for all students and staff. All ICRI teachers and staff are held to our high standards regarding communication, curriculum, professionalism, and safety.
· Plan and implement activities with your co-teacher team for the classroom.
· Create an environment in which each child has a chance to grow and thrive.
· Provide a balance between child-initiated and teacher-informed activities.
· Actively engage with children to support social and emotional development.
· Implement hands-on activities that develop positive self-esteem and social skills.
· Promote positive guidance techniques.
· Provide a variety of creative and expressive activities.
· Manage classroom through positive redirection, problem-solving, and active listening.
· Follow routines that have been established to ensure smooth transitions.
· Communicate with children at their developmental level.
· Answer questions while children engage in their explorations.
· Lead small groups and prepare learning activities.
· Use a variety of methods (songs, art, outdoor activities) to motivate abilities.
· Display inclusive practices to accommodate children with special needs.
· Utilize classroom materials and routines to promote an environment conducive to age-appropriate levels of development, interests, and special needs of the children.
· Assist in documentation of student work; such as portfolios, and wall displays.
· Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information (after speaking with your team), and share relevant information from parents with the team.
· Minimum of 6 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units (preferred)
· 1+ year Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
· Knowledge of early childhood education and child development
· Knowledge and experience with emergent curriculum - a plus
· Experience working with infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children
· Commitment to promoting the mission and values of ICRI
· A positive attitude, flexibility and enthusiasm for education and learning
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· US Work Authorization and excellent references
· Submission of TB clearance and background check
· CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
Working at ICRI: Our team is here to support you learn and grow as an educator. We provide all teachers and staff with a positive environment that rewards excellence, promotes learning, and offers great benefits, including:
· A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance
· Competitive pay with opportunities for raises
· Commuter reimbursement (up to $300/year)
· Opportunity to participate in a 403(b) retirement program, with a matching plan
· Paid professional development days (4 days/years of small group courses)
· Tuition reimbursement up to $2,500 annually to support ongoing learning.
How to Apply: Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of children and join an amazing team? Contact us today to find out how we can help you grow your career in early childhood education and how you can inspire the next generation. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to us with “Early Childhood Teacher” in the subject line. Thank you for expressing interest in joining our team. We will respond to all applicants. You can learn more about us at www.icrichild.org.
Stanford Stock Farm Road Children's Center is operated by ICRI and serves children ages 8 weeks to 3 years old. We incorporate unique curricula and learning environments, and employ talented and dedicated staff. Our goal is to develop a range of outstanding early childhood centers that are models in their communities, and provide study and learning exchange opportunities for educators from around the world.
Please visit ICRI's website to learn more about our local and international work. Please visit Stanford University's WorkLife Office website to learn more about Stanford University's on-campus child care and education.