St Matthias Preschool is seeking full time preschool teacher who can passionately support children's play. This position is currently available. If you are interested in a team-teaching experience with preschool, please consider applying. Shifts are 8:30-5:30 and is 40 hours a week schedule Monday through Friday. To support the Archdiocese of San Francisco in its mission in service of the Body Of Christ, this position reports directly to the Preschool Director and performs the teaching duties for the preschool with limited supervision.
St Matthias Preschool is a place where learning is a joint venture between children and teachers and where learning happens in the context of childhood. We provide children with many experiences and materials to express and represent their thinking.
Essential Job Functions
The Assistant Preschool Teacher will be expected to support two, three, four and five year old classrooms.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate and support teaching teams including preschool and extended care.
• Communicate well with children, staff and parents.
• Support and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health and behavioral challenges.
• Assist in maintaining an effective environment for learning through daily provocations and invitations, intentional presentation of materials centered hands-on learning opportunities, and documentation.
• Applicants must have at least 12 units in ECE/CD (or in process); 24 units are preferred.
• 2 years of teaching experience preferred (but not required).
St. Matthias Preschool is licensed for 90 children between the ages of 2½ through 5. It is located in the St. Matthias Parish School Building, which features large classrooms, a dining facility, child-sized bathrooms, meeting rooms, and an office area.The outside play area offers a large climbing structure with slides, swings, a sandbox, a bike path, game area, synthetic lawn, and more.The Preschool offers a curriculum which enhances play, social/emotional learning with academics and incorporating Christian values. In our “home away from home” environment, children are provided a place to grow, learn, and play.The children are placed in groups by age and development level. There are daily planned and free choice opportunities available for children to explore and experiment.
Culture & Perks