Accountant @ Startup
GetMyBoat is hiring a hands-on Finance and Accounting Manager to maintain the company’s general ledger, while working closely with the leadership team. This position will be responsible for making accurate and timely entries to the general ledger and sub-ledgers in conformity with accounting principles. The ideal candidate will have a strong external and in-house accounting background in a startup environment.
The Finance and Accounting Manager will be responsible for a wide range of accounting processes, including general ledger preparation, support of month and year end close, inventory reconciliation and providing analyses for pricing and contract negotiations. This position will also be involved in key accounting projects.
- Month end close including (but not limited to) completion of the cost plus invoice, preparation and review of month-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide analysis for monthly activity for balance sheet and expense accounts
- Assisting with various ad hoc projects and on-going efforts toward increased automation in monthly reporting, AP and payroll
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective workflows to improve the close cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- General ledger accounting experience including the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries. Tech industry experience a big plus.
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Qualified Accountant preferred (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Prior experience with a multi-national company and experience with foreign exchange desired
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills