Are you ready to help build ground-breaking strategic data models that our customers leverage to make >$100M decisions? SnapStrat is a venture backed, seed stage startup in Oakland, California. Our product digitizes strategic decision-making and brings ML to enterprise executives. We are growing quickly – and eager to bring in more firepower to help us scale. We are dedicated to making our customers successful by building an amazing team.
· HUGE opportunity for growth! You will have the chance to help shape a company and technology from the ground floor.
· You will be at the core of every new feature, every product decision.
· Build something brand new – solve unique and complex problems as we revolutionize enterprise strategy.
· Work with an incredible, high-performing, fun team.
· Competitive compensation & equity for a seed funded, early stage startup; $100-150k/0.25-0.75%, $1,500 tech stipend, flexible schedule & competitive PTO
· Full kitchen stocked with any food or drinks you want for snacks, lunches, and happy hour with multiple sunny decks to enjoy them from
As the Senior Data Scientist at SnapStrat, you will be a core part of our Product & Technology team. Your primary responsibility will be designing and implementing analytic prediction and optimization models that integration with our lightweight web applications for our enterprise customers. In addition, you will be on the ground floor of designing, architecting, and developing SnapStrat’s decision intelligence platform.
Given SnapStrat's focus on enterprise strategic decision-making, this role requires a passion for solving complex business problems, which often involve many client stakeholders and large amounts of client data. The data complexities require understanding of complex data interactions at multiple levels in enterprise organizations, with an ability to build for our future scale up.
· Bachelor’s or higher in math, computer science, or related field
· Data Science experience (5+ years)
· Python (3+ years)
· Optimization (2+ years)
· Prediction, normalization, scenario modeling (2+ years)
· Comfortable with source version control managers
· 2+ years of Java and/or Python development experience
· Backend Development
· Agile workflow
· Python Data Science libraries
· Machine learning architecture
· API based dynamic algorithms
· You have experience working with emerging technologies such as ML/AI, Cloud, big-data, advanced analytics.
· CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
SnapStrat is a venture backed, seed stage startup in Oakland, California. Our product digitizes strategic decision-making and brings ML to enterprise executives. We are growing quickly – and eager to bring in more firepower to help us scale. We are dedicated to making our customers successful by building an amazing team.
What We're Building
Machine learning and predictive analytics are changing decision-making across the enterprise. Data-driven decisions have become table-stakes for success and the increasing pace of business change requires agile strategic execution to win. However, the highest value, most complex decisions that drive enterprise success have been a blind-spot for advanced analytics – until now.
SnapStrat configures our product to support specific recurring strategic decisions, tailored to the business strategy. There is a broad set of applicable decisions – across strategies for network and location, customer, product, investment, and supply chain. The application incorporates decision workflow, data analysis, collaboration, scenario modeling and more.
Optimizing recurring strategic decisions unlocks massive value. Starting with marketing allocation decisions and evolving across other verticals, early customers are aligning their high-value, recurring decisions with their business strategy. For example, a leading retailer is leveraging SnapStrat’s product to strategically allocate $250M annual product sampling spend, resulting in projected first year incremental value of $20-30M