Several Positions Open (Kindergarten, 2nd grade, 3rd grade)
House of Bread Christian Academy (HBCA) is a Bible-based private school (grades TK-8). Teacher will teach a class size of lower elementary students using the Abeka curriculum and will cover all core subjects (including the Bible). Teacher will make weekly lesson plans, following the scope & sequence and objectives for school. Teacher will keep records in Sycamore online software and update it weekly.
Teachers will be teaching required curriculums, administering standardized testing, using technology in the classroom, hands-on materials, weekly planning, recording grades, following the Abeka syllabus, following objectives, and curriculum mapping. Teacher must have a college degree in a related field (not required to be state certified/credentialed, but it is encouraged) and possess some teaching experience. He/she must be a practicing Christian and active in his/her local Bible-teaching Christian church. All the teacher's children K-8th grade are welcome to attend HBCA.
As part of the employment package, we offer daily hot lunch to teachers and reduced tuition to the teacher's children attending HBCA. No medical/health benefits available with this position.
Please send your resume, letter of introduction, and recommendation letters; feel free to call 916.235.1777 with any questions.
Through a close partnership with parents, HBCA’s goal is to EDUCATE and EQUIP students to help them develop academically, spiritually, as well as physically and socially, so they can achieve high academic standards in a safe and positive setting, based on Biblical principles.
PREPARE our students for adulthood through teaching real-life skills and GUIDE them in becoming successful professionals who serve society.
PROVIDE a safe, effective, and enjoyable learning environment to ensure diverse opportunities for students’ development through employing:
– carefully selected, highly experienced, and godly teachers who sincerely care about your students
– rigorous academic instruction using Abeka and Bob Jones University (BJU) Press curricula
– efficient student-teacher ratio with individualized attention for every student
– innovative educational technologies with project-based teaching approach
PREPARE our students for transition into higher education, the job market, and business world by coaching them how to function in real-life situations through teaching:
– academic, critical thinking, and personal communication skills
– daily Bible lessons and weekly chapels
– via mentorship and counseling
GROW strong leaders and caring professionals who will serve society, by offering:
– presentations by professionals to educate students about exciting career choices
– strong partnerships between school and parents
– educational and engaging field trips
– volunteer opportunities to serve the community