If you love the outdoors, have a heart for animals, are extremely reliable, enjoy working solo, and have a knack for customer service- this may be your dream job! We are a small local business offering pet care services for clients in the Oakland, Piedmont, Berkeley, and Montclair areas. We pay by the job- so instead of getting hourly no matter how many mutts you wrangle, the more dogs you walk at a time the more you make! We are searching for two folks with a zeal for life and the outdoors to commit to our team.
The perfect person will...
- Have a reliable vehicle that can hold up to six dogs. Hatchbacks, SUVs and trucks are preferred. A 4 door sedan will not work for this job.
- Be available to work during some holidays and times when everyone likes to travel. December is our busiest season.
- Enjoy working rain or shine walking dogs from roughly 9am-3pm M-F Be available Mon- Fri. We are currently hiring two walkers: Tue/ Thur/ Fri in Berkeley Tue/ Thur/ Fri in Oakland. The Oakland walking job is less demanding, the Berkeley job will requires some experience with dogs as the packs are larger. This is a position that will grow over time. You must be able to trade shifts with other walkers so everyone can enjoy a flexible schedule! This is on leash dog walking, please be physically capable of handling up to 7 dogs at a time, some of whom are over 50 lb.s. (We will train you how to do this)
- Love dogs! We prefer someone with experience working with dogs in some capacity, or at minimum has owned several personal dogs.
- Be available to stay at client homes for anywhere between 1 day to several weeks while they travel. Clients travel for anywhere between a few days to several weeks, you choose which jobs you'd like. This is a great opportunity for people who write or work remotely to get some quiet time away from home and make extra cash.
- Live in the Oakland/ Berkeley area. This job already involves a lot of driving and we value sustainability and hiring people from our community.
- Be able to commit for a minimum of 1 year. Our training is extensive and ongoing, and you will build personal relationships with your clients and their dogs. The longer you work the more clients you take on.
***If you have your own pooch: rad, awesome, great! You can bring them dog walking with you, but not to overnight jobs. Please consider who will care for them if you were staying at client homes.