We are looking for lead instructors who are able to teach from a predefined curriculum at schools and community centers. We need you to be knowledgeable, enthusiastic, patient, and an individual who enjoys working with kids. Our camp is located in Palo Alto.
Apply online at:
- Prepare for camp ahead of time by learning curriculum and deliver it in an engaging manner.
- Set up camp with laptops, projector and associated equipment.
- Provide an environment that encourages students to learn as well as aspire for more.
- Engage with students during breaks with recess activities and games.
- Interact professionally and amicably with parents, camp director, fellow instructors and staff at all times.
- At least 18 years old.
- Programming experience in Java OR Python OR Scratch Or App Inventor OR Stencyl.
- Be a jovial, enthusiastic, patient individual who loves working with children.
- Be willing to attend mandatory camp curriculum training sessions.
- Ability to quickly learn camp curriculum and willingness to learn new programming languages.
- Excellent leadership, presentation and organization skills.
- Do everything it takes and go that extra mile in ensuring that students have an outstanding camp experience.
- Be completely fluent in English.
- Punctual at all times.
- Be willing to undergo fingerprinting, background, reference check and TB testing.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess own insured transportation and be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to work in the South Bay and Peninsula areas.
- Own a smartphone, computer and be willing to respond to calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Individuals who work as computer science teachers during the school year.
- Computer science graduates.
- Students pursuing computer science or related majors with leadership/teaching experience.
- Prior summer camp teaching experience.
- Prior experience working with elementary and middle school students.
- Tutoring experience.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Knowledge of Minecraft.
COMPENSATION: Paid training and $650+ per camp week