Children's Community Center (CCC), a parent-teacher cooperative preschool located in North Berkeley, is looking for loving, energetic, and creative substitute teachers to be part of our team for spring, summer, and fall.
In operation since 1927, CCC offers a year-round, play-based program run by a professional teaching staff and managed by parents. CCC thrives on a supportive community of teachers, parents, and children working in partnership with one another. Please visit our website for more information about our program and history: www.cccpreschool.org
- Supervise and engage children during the morning and/or afternoon program in child-initiated and organized activities, encouraging peer as well as helping with problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Assist teacher-director with implementation of the day’s projects and activities, with an eye toward fostering children’s spontaneity, curiosity, and choice.
- Collaborate with participating parents as needed to support a well-balanced, rich, and varied learning environment for children as they grow their capacity for self-expression and social connection through exploration and play.
- Applicants must have completed coursework in Early Childhood Education or hold a teacher's credential in Child Development for preschool.
- Experience working with preschool-aged children necessary.
- Current fingerprint clearance, TB, and immunization verification required upon hire.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
- Shifts scheduled as needed between 8:00 a.m. and 5:45 p.m.
- $22+ rate commensurate with experience and credentials.
To apply, please send inquiries, cover letters, resumes, and transcripts.