Are you looking for a flexible job while you are in school, making plans for graduate school, or trying to figure out the next steps in your career?
Study Smarter is a small, local company based in Oakland. Since 1997 we have been offering high-quality tutoring to students throughout the East-Bay Area. We are a caring team looking out for the well being of tutors, students, and their families. Our close-knit team supports learning and growth for all our tutors, in and out of work. Our tutors build meaningful mentor relationships with their students in local, Bay Area communities.
We are looking for conscientious individuals with dynamic personalities and strong interpersonal skills. High energy people who enjoy thinking creatively and motivating high school students will love this job. Study Smarter offers a fun, casual work experience with extensive support and mentorship.
• $30/hr starting, with regular pay increases
• Paid training
• Part-time and full-time positions available. Tutors can work as few as 5hrs/week and as many as 40hrs/week depending on the subject(s) they tutor and their availability.
• Health benefits included if hours greater than 25hr/week
• Although applicants should be enthusiastic and willing to learn, no prior teaching experience is required
• Start Fall 2020 with specific date and schedule flexible
• Applicants must demonstrate a solid knowledge in one or more of the following fields: math (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus), science (chemistry, physics, biology), English/writing, Spanish, or study skills
• A commitment to work with students through the end of the school year, mid-June 2021
• Must have a car
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter and by calling 510.350.8444.
Established by Joel Kosakoff, a lifelong tutor himself, Study Smarter has been a leading supplementary education provider since its founding in 1997. Our company is a small, local business based in Oakland, California. We specialize in individualized tutoring. Our goal is to help students discover and achieve their educational goals. To that end, we provide preparation for standardized testing, help with academic subjects, and support with general study skills and organization. For more information about Study Smarter, check out our website at studysmarter.com or give us a call at 510.350.8444.
Culture & Perks