ECC JAPAN is seeking personable, outgoing, energetic individuals interested in teaching conversational English to children, teenagers, and adults in Japan.
ECC, celebrating our 56th anniversary has experienced steady growth and now has more than 150 campuses throughout Japan. ECC strives to promote a spirit of multiculturalism represented by a team of 15 different nationalities with over 650 native English speakers.
* Native English Speaker
* Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
* Must be able to work for at least one year in Japan
(Overseas living experience and/or some form of teaching/training experience are welcomed, although not necessary. Knowledge of the Japanese language is not a requirement.)
ECC CONTRACT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
For the individual seeking overseas employment, finding a reliable employer is paramount.
ECC, therefore, would like to reassure you that we offer the most progressive contract package among English conversation schools in Japan. We have a reputation for being a very supportive and reliable employer and many of our teachers have gravitated here from other schools. We offer a 5-day, 35-hour workweek where many other companies require 40 hours for a similar salary. There is often additional paid work available if you would like to supplement your base income.
*a fixed work week
*competitive salary of 270,000 yen based on a 35-hour work week (25 hours/week in-class teaching)
*annual salary stipend
*extensive paid vacation
*Japanese social, health and pension benefits
ECC prides itself on offering the best vacation holiday package among its competitors - approximately 6 weeks. This is two to four weeks more than many of our competitors and the support we offer is comprehensive. We are sure that you, like our current teaching team, will find your time with ECC a satisfying and rewarding experience.
OTHER SUPPORT & CONSIDERATIONS
* A work visa is required to work in Japan. ECC will professionally translate and submit your documents for a work visa.
* ECC has a proven system that will guide you through all required banking, taxation, etc. We will be sure you get a low tax rate, and provide useful information on various other points such as obtaining a telephone, English speaking medical contacts, resident registration etc.
* ECC realizes that relocating can be expensive. You will need to have at least 200,000 yen (approx US$1,800) of your own funds available. If necessary ECC will be able to provide additional financial support through interest - free 'living expense' loans shortly after your arrival in Japan. This will help to facilitate a smooth start for you in Japan without cash-flow pressures. Your initial outlay will be more than recouped when you start drawing the substantial salary ECC offers, along with potential paid extra work. ECC teachers typically save anywhere from 25,000 to 50,000 yen per month (not considering any extra work).
* All work-related transport expenses are reimbursed with your salary payment. (There is also a 70,000 yen flight stipend for flights to Japan from your home country.)
* ECC will arrange furnished, economical accommodations for you in order to assist with a smooth arrival in Japan. Your rent will be approximately 60,000 yen/month (US$550/month) plus utilities.
* Upon arriving in Japan, there will be a paid training period of approximately two weeks. All employees - even those with no previous teaching experience - will be able to bring, share and learn a variety of teaching techniques. The training session will span 80 to 90 hours and will cover teaching both children and adults. The quality of the training is high and many other institutes would charge you for a similar training or qualification.
* All instructors will be scheduled for some combination of our kids and adult programs.
* We will supply not only an annual syllabus, but also the corresponding materials and manuals - many of which have been produced by our research and development team. You will have teacher/student friendly materials with a proven track record that will fully support the experienced or inexperienced teacher alike.