Follow to know about new job openings at California Weekly Explorer.
About California Weekly Explorer
California Weekly Explorer has provided fun and educational history presentations called the "Walk Through" programs since 1989 throughout California elementary schools. The Walk Through’s are a fun and interactive learning experience for grade levels 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students. Students become a part of history by playing characters and earning points for their team in a game show type format while being skillfully guided by a presenter. Our presenters are passionate about making education an exciting experience for students and they energetically moderate solo presentations Monday-Friday on pre-booked calendars throughout a calendar area. We provide extensive training on three scripts that cover the history curriculum being taught in the classroom. If you are a person who loves working with students and enjoys making history come alive, this could very well be the job for you!
Receive affirmation from customers daily – no work to take home with you – full calendars already booked – salary position includes two weeks paid Christmas and other school holidays paid - most weeks have at least one half day - mileage reimbursed at IRS standard and food stipend for overnight travel - medical benefits are fully paid by company after 90 days of employment – casual uniform attire – non-static environment = a new adventure each day – independent/solo work under the covering of a company - supportive team and management staff - join with other coworkers once a month - motivated employees in a fun work environment - Company sponsored outings twice a year - Monthly catered lunches
What You Will Do:
• Memorize and perform 3 scripts or Walk Through presentations for the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade levels: Walk Through California, Walk Through the American Revolution, Walk Through the Ancient World
• Present up to two presentations a day each 2.5 hours in length through solo performance to a group of up to 36 students at a time in an excited and animated manner
• Wake up early and drive each day to a different school in a large calendar area (you will not be going to more than one school in a given day)
• Take a few weekly trips a year outside your calendar area
• Interact with school personnel (office staff, teachers, principals etc.)
• Store all required presentation equipment safely
• Set-up and tear down presentation display each day
• Utilize online Company calendar system to make all travel arrangements and preparations
• Fill out Company reports including monthly expense report and evaluations of schools
• Some type of teaching or performance experience. Classroom management and improvisation ability a plus!
• Strong social, communication, and organizational skills
• Willing and able to work a 5 day a week, full-time set calendar without flexibility for days off and take overnight trips when scheduled
• Must have a reliable standard size car that will hold all equipment and have a safe place to store equipment
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to pass a DOJ background check
• Passion for educating and performing on a full-time basis
• Ability to work in a changing environment each day and to uphold Company policies with customers
• Have an extremely high work ethic with a “show must go on” mentality
• Be in good physical, mental, and emotional health
• Ability to be flexible and make changes to presentation when needed based on time constraints
• Pro-Active problem solver with ability to work independently while upholding Company policies and procedures
• Knack for prioritizing time and making quick decisions without direct supervision
• Enthusiastic with the ability to make a day fun for students no matter the stressors of traffic or grumpy adults
• Ability to manage difficult students in an encouraging way
If this describes you, click “apply” to start your career adventure with us!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Creative, Education, Family Owned, Fun, Great Benefits