Built around 1900, Olea Hotel has and is an integral piece of Glen Ellen’s history.
Around 1900, the property (comprised of the two larger primary buildings) was owned and operated by the Larinie family (original owners pictured down below) at a time when Glen Ellen had a significant French colony. It was first known as Larinie’s French Resort. Later, around 1930’s, it was purchased and operated by the daughter of the original owners and her husband, John Cambou and Marie Larinie (Cambou), who later renamed it the Rocky Terrace Resort. Rocky Terrace was a vacation resort for people travelling from San Francisco. It was down the road from the Glen Ellen train station, which was located on what is currently Highway 12/Sonoma Highway and Arnold Drive. (The Mayo tasting room is currently at that location.)