Lincoln’s Windmill was built in 1927. It housed the Los Robles family farm’s flower bulb distribution. It is named after their son Lincoln. In 1937 The Robles family let the Buckharts lease their back space to make candies as the depression had made it difficult to survive as a candy shop in downtown Santa Cruz, CA. In 1950 the Robles family sold the building to the Buckharts where it remained a beloved candy shop until 2002. Lincoln’s windmill was then purchased by Amsterdam Bicycles.
Mary Apra started Windmill Café in 2009 with Michael Sigmon. Their creativity and seemingly endless energy has helped it become a culinary institution for those that truly care about the environment they are in and what they eat.