Work Location: 4139 Alpine Road, Portola Valley, CA 94028
Reports to: Bar Manager
Compensation: Based on Skills and Experience
Alpine Hills Tennis & Swimming Club is a Private, Member-Owned facility located in Portola Valley, California. Alpine Hills is offering an immediate opening for a Part-Time Bar Staff.
Position Overview: MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, 21 & OVER WILL BARTEND.
The Bar Staff will be responsible for fulfilling beverage and food orders in a timely manner, cleaning and organizing the bar, bussing and cleaning all tables in the Alpine Room, Bar and Outside Deck area, restocking the bar and coffee/tea station and interaction with the Members. Working with other Bar Staff to fulfill all job duties before the end of the shift.
• Arrive to work on time, in proper uniform and ready to work.
• Professional, polite and prompt interaction with members.
• Hygiene and grooming a must (hair, facial hair, nails, etc.)
• Collect and enter in all Food and Beverage orders from Members.
• Promptly Run food from kitchen to correct member.
• Serve Beverages to correct members in a timely manner
• Bring Silverware to each table with their meal
• When members are finished with plates, step out from behind the Bar and Collect the plates and empty glassware from the table.
• At end of shift, be sure to fill out side work and have signed by Manager On Duty
• Restock coffee/tea station
• Restock non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages
• Restock disposables
• Clean all tables and chairs
• Refill water dispensers
• Wash dirty glasses, buff/dry them and put away
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours and weekend assignments (must be available to work Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
• Must be able to effectively communicate
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction
• Self-starter and Team player
• Must be able to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
• Must be able to work effectively under pressure
Education / Work Experience:
• 21 & OVER: Must have basic understanding of Wine Beer, & Liquor
• Work involves long periods of standing and walking
• Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 25 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects
Other Required Abilities:
• focus on membership satisfaction and customer service
• Outgoing, friendly, and helpful personality
• Reliable, honest, and independent
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team oriented working environment