Five Star Guitars is an independently owned musical instrument retailer that specializes in music instruction for many instruments including drums, vocals, guitar, bass, piano, ukulele, violin and banjo. We seek to add a part-time music instructor to our faculty. Many of our instructors have been teaching here for over ten years - they are professional educators and working musicians. We teach over 200 lessons a week; as a part of the program we hold a series of concerts throughout the year where we pair up students into groups that perform live. Please note that you must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position and willing to submit to a background check.
Job Responsibilities Including (not limited to):
* Develop a curriculum based on each students' interests, skill level and learning style
* Teach weekly music lessons and track student attendance
* Create a learning environment that balances expectations and structure with compassion and creativity
* Maintain open communication with administrative staff about schedule
* Maintain an organized and functional classroom
* Promote a positive workplace environment
* At least 2 years teaching experience
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Ability to work with any age or skill level on any genre of music
* Dedication to increasing students' access to music education and enthusiasm about our mission
* Ability to work evenings and weekends
* Ability to teach multiple instruments
* Teaching experience in both group and private settings
* Fluency in Spanish
* Experience as a working musician or other performing artist
To Apply: please e-mail us the following:
Cover letter, resume with references and why you want to work for us. You may reply to the e-mail provided. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS!
**Please understand that we may not be able to contact everyone who submits a resume but we will do our best. Good luck everyone!!
Five Star Guitars
* Location: Beaverton, OR (Tanasbourne)
* Compensation: Hourly
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.