Brand Ambassador Overview
Who doesn’t love free samples? Companies are always looking for enthusiastic people to join their local street teams. Whether they're handing out swag or hanging up flyers, the brand ambassadors job involves working the front lines of the customer experience, engaging the community with the help of outgoing individuals.
Whether you’re walking door to door in the neighborhood, posting links on social media, or manning the booth at the street fair, why not spread some joy and raise awareness for one of your favorite brands?
- Create awareness. Public outreach may involve talking to people about the product you are representing. You'll have to know your brand well enough to answer questions when asked.
- Be the brand. Effectively representing your product through appearance and demeanor may involve wearing gear or displaying a logo on your clothing.
Maintain the display. Keep items stocked to handle customer demand.
- Being good with people and having strong customer service skills are essential.
- Endurance. An ability to stand for long periods of time and possibly lift heavy items, as well as set up and break down displays may be necessary.
- Team players. Have a willingness to learn an established routine and sales pitch.
This is a good place to start if you have an interest in promotion and marketing or are just looking for part-time work. If you have retail experience, you’re probably a shoo-in. Some college education is always helpful but not required.