This job post template is designed to make it easy for you to write your prep cook job post. Pick and choose the responsibilities and qualifications that fit your position.
For a little more information on working as a prep cook, check out our prep cook job description.
[Your Business Name] in [Your City Name] is looking for a prep cook to help organize and maintain an efficient kitchen. The successful candidate will have great knife skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Measure, wash, peel and prepare ingredients
- Cut and portion different types of meat
- Make stock soups
- Portion the food and prepare the dishes for plating
- Package take-away food for clients
- Distribute the plates to be served to the waiting staff
- Accept or reject ingredients from food suppliers
- Keep track of ingredient inventory
- Clean and sanitize the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area
- Strong communication skills
- Inventory management skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to multi-task
Additional Job Post Tips
Don’t forget to share how your business is unique! Here are some ideas:
- Tell the story of your business.
- Share how your product, service, or location is special.
- Highlight employee perks and salary.
- Explain why this team is fun to work with.
- Show pictures of your business, products, and/or team.