Waitress at Raj Indian Cuisine, North Oakland | Photo Credit: Carol Lee
This job post template is designed to make it easy for you to write your waiter and waitress job post. Pick and choose the responsibilities and qualifications that fit your position.
For a little more information on working as a waiter and waitress, check out our waiter and waitress job description.
[Your Business Name] in [Your City Name] is looking for a waiter/waitress to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be a have strong customer service skills and an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Understand the preparation behind all food items, answer customer questions, and make recommendations upon request
- Answer customer questions about the beverage menu and offer recommendations upon request
- Inform customers of daily specials
- Take customer orders and deliver to cooking staff
- Serve food and beverage to customers
- Check in with customers periodically, asking if there is anything they need
- Prepare tables for meals (utensils, glassware, linens)
- Check identification of customers purchasing alcoholic beverages to ensure that they meet the legal drinking age
- Basic knowledge of food preparation
- Basic knowledge of spirits, wine, and beer
- Friendly with strong communication skills (listening and verbal)
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Customer service skills
- An ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong memory
- Organized and efficient
- Team player
Additional Job Post Tips
Don’t forget to share how your business is unique! Here are some ideas:
- Tell the story of your business.
- Share how your product, service, or location is special.
- Highlight employee perks and salary.
- Explain why this team is fun to work with.
- Show pictures of your business, products, and/or team.