Sous chef at Taqueria Talavera, Berkeley | Photo Credit: Carol Lee
This job post template is designed to make it easy for you to write your sous chef job post. Pick and choose the responsibilities and qualifications that fit your position.
[Your Business Name] in [Your City Name] is looking for a sous chef to join our growing kitchen team. The successful candidate will have culinary skills, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and strong communication skills.
- Manage line cooks and designate cooking responsibilities
- Maintain general order of employees in the kitchen space
- Work with executive chef to produce additions to the menu
- Plan food design and plating
- Ensure that food safety standards are met inside and outside of the kitchen
- Cook and prepare menu items for customers
- XX years of culinary experience
- Leadership abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage people
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong knowledge of recipes, ingredients, and preparation methods
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
Additional Job Post Tips
Don’t forget to share how your business is unique! Here are some ideas:
- Tell the story of your business.
- Share how your product, service, or location is special.
- Highlight employee perks and salary.
- Explain why this team is fun to work with.
- Show pictures of your business, products, and/or team.