This job post template is designed to make it easy for you to write your retail sales associate job post. Pick and choose the responsibilities and qualifications that fit your position.
For a little more information on working as a retail sales associate, check out our retail job description.
[Your Business Name] in [Your City Name] is looking for a retail sales associate to join our growing team. The successful candidate will have great customer service and communication skills as well as a patient and friendly demeanor.
- Greet customers
- Offer assistance and direct customers to appropriate racks and counters
- Answer customer questions about products, discounts, and pricing
- Provide product information and suggestions upon request
- Process payments by cash, card, check, or store credit
- Process returns and deliver store credit or exchanges
- Operate cash register
- Arrange and maintain displays throughout the day
- Clean store space (dressing rooms, shelves, displays, floor)
- Look for and be aware of security threats and thefts
- Manage inventory and restock when necessary
- Strong customer service skills
- Patient personality
- Good verbal communication skills
- Professional, clean appearance and friendly demeanor
- Basic math skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift XX pounds
- Basic product knowledge preferred
Additional Job Post Tips
Don’t forget to share how your business is unique! Here are some ideas:
- Tell the story of your business.
- Share how your product, service, or location is special.
- Highlight employee perks and salary.
- Explain why this team is fun to work with.
- Show pictures of your business, products, and/or team.