Line Cook at Pucquio restaurant, Oakland, CA | Photo Credit: Carol Lee
This job post template is designed to make it easy for you to write your line cook job post. Pick and choose the responsibilities and qualifications that fit your position.
For a little more information on working as a line cook, check out our line cook job description.
[Your Business Name] in [Your City Name] is looking for a line cook to prepare and cook foods that meet customer needs and satisfaction. The successful candidate will have culinary skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a clean station
- Organize and navigate kitchen and storage areas
- Setup stock station with necessary supplies, restock when necessary
- Prepare food for cooking (chopping vegetables, butchering and marinating meats, preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with other food staff under executive and sous-chef’s instruction
- Handle appropriate plating and presentation
- Ability to lift XX pounds
- XX years of culinary experience
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of basic recipes, ingredients, and preparation methods
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Exacting and efficient in following precise directions
- Attention to detail
- Strong listener and communicator
- Team player
- Time management skills
- Attention to hygiene and sanitation
Additional Job Post Tips
Don’t forget to share how your business is unique! Here are some ideas:
- Tell the story of your business.
- Share how your product, service, or location is special.
- Highlight employee perks and salary.
- Explain why this team is fun to work with.
- Show pictures of your business, products, and/or team.