Hostess at Taqueria Talavera, Berkeley | Photo Credit: Carol Lee
This job post template is designed to make it easy for you to write your host and hostess job post. Pick and choose the responsibilities and qualifications that fit your position.
For a little more information on working as a host or hostess, check out our host and hostess job description.
[Your Business Name] in [Your City Name] is looking for a host/hostess to greet customers at our restaurant. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills and an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage phone services — take reservations and takeout orders as well as answering customer questions about the restaurant and services
- Greet customers upon arrival
- Monitor servers and the tables they are responsible for
- Assist servers with clean-up and table preparation during rush hours
- Seat customers and/or provide them with an estimated waiting time
- Escort customers to tables and provide them with menus and information about daily specials
- Process payments made with cash or by card
- Itemize receipt of purchases
- Maintain exterior and interior of restaurant (sweeping, organizing menus, etc.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Friendly with strong communication skills (listening and verbal)
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Customer service skills
- An ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong memory
- Organized and efficient
- Team player
Additional Job Post Tips
Don’t forget to share how your business is unique! Here are some ideas:
- Tell the story of your business.
- Share how your product, service, or location is special.
- Highlight employee perks and salary.
- Explain why this team is fun to work with.
- Show pictures of your business, products, and/or team.